Based in Manchester, England
December 10th 2013
|Free with extra purchasable worlds.|
Rotation Station is a brain wracking puzzle game for iOS and android. Drop in your blobs and spin the world to plunge them into the warp pads. Use your cunning and 16 powerups to shift, shape, switch, smite and shudder your blobs to victory. Outfox your friends in the 8 player multiplayer. Join the revolution!
I first came up with Rotation Station in 2007 as "Rotating 4 in a row", and played on paper during Chemistry lessons at school. I'd draw a grid in ink, and then people would add their counters in pencil. Every few turns, I'd rotate the paper 90°, rub out all the pieces and then draw them in again as if gravity had pulled them down. Smartphones weren't so prevalent back then, and I didn't know how to program, but 5 years later I learnt to code, and decided it was time to make my game. I made the game how I imagined it 6 years before, and added a single player mode to my engine, and that ended up becoming the biggest part of the game. A year and a bit later, I decided it was finally ready.
- Play through 144 levels in 8 themed worlds!
- Use 16 powerups to overcome new challenges, like Gravity Shift, Rowblitz, Quantum Leap and Spawn Block.
- Overcome 10 types of obstacle, like Popup Blocks, Black Holes, Magnets and Ice.
- Complete challenges in each world to unlock 3 types of bonus level for extra challenge.
- Collect challenging achievements and top the leaderboards.
- An original 8 track ambient soundtrack.
- Beat your friends in up to 8 player hotseat multiplayer. Connect blobs in a row to win.
- Fully customise your multiplayer games, from the number of blobs to win and level dimensions to the direction and frequency of rotation.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Showcased at GameCity 7." Nottingham, UK, 21st October, 2012
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
The Story of Rotation Station
The story of Rotation Station - vorpal-games.com.
Rotation Station's Facebook Page
Our facebook page for all the latest updates - facebook.com.
Vorpal Games's Twitter Account
Our twitter page - twitter.com.
My developer blog, which has been featured on Gamasutra.com five times and on the front page thrice. vorpal-games.com.
About Vorpal Games
Vorpal Games is a one man indie games studio created by Alex Rose, which currently produces iOS and Android games, but intends to produce much larger scale PC games.
More information on Vorpal Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rotation Station Credits
Designer, Programmer, Artist & Musician, Vorpal Games